Effective Advocates and Negotiators
Gruvman, Giordano & Glaws, LLP is a full-service defense litigation firm that represents major corporations, business enterprises, institutions and insureds throughout New York State.
With more than 80 years of combined experience and more than 100 jury trials, our New York insurance defense litigators have earned their reputations as:
- Accomplished trial and appellate advocates – GG&G is prepared to go to trial to defend our clients against unjust or unwarranted claims. GG&G always works with our clients on how best to proceed, carefully applying cost/benefit analysis in each situation. GG&G’s appellate record is substantial, having briefing and arguing over 100 appeals in both state and federal court.
- Effective settlement negotiators – In all types of defense cases, our goal is to achieve our clients’ objectives as promptly and efficiently as possible. We have detailed knowledge regarding potential verdict costs and exposure, and use that information to negotiate settlements that serve our clients’ best interests. Additionally, GG&G has years of experience handling ADR/mediations and are known as credible and prepared litigators among New York’s top mediators.
- Recognized leaders – Our attorneys have been named to the New York Super Lawyers list and are included within Best's Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys and Adjusters. Attorney Paul S. Gruvman has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of his legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with his work.
By giving each client dedicated advocacy and honest and well-informed counsel, we have become trusted partners to major insurers and small businesses alike.
Areas of Expertise
GG&G is committed to providing clients with an aggressive defense by pursuing early investigation, vigorous discovery and careful retention of experts. The firm believes that success in litigation goes beyond successful outcomes – it must include cost efficiency at all phases of case handling. At GG&G the Partners personally undertake a preliminary review of every liability action. As a result of our combined experience and keen analysis, many cases can be dismissed or discontinued at the outset.
In New York City and across the state, our firm litigates legal matters relating to:
- Insurance Defense and Coverage – Whether you require advice on a coverage dispute or seek insurance defense representation, we will work vigorously to meet your needs. At every stage of the case, our attorneys will keep you apprised of case developments and the potential costs associated with various legal options.
- Injury and Accident Litigation – GG&G successfully defends commercial property owners, business owners, construction companies, product manufacturers, restaurants, taverns, social service agencies and security guard companies. Our practice also includes automobile accident litigation including bodily injury and PIP claims. We have the background and knowledge to sort through conflicting witness accounts and press for the most favorable result.
- Labor Law and Construction Accidents – Our firm handles a great number of Labor Law/construction accident cases which often involve catastrophic injuries, high exposure, and nuanced strategies involving legal complexities including contractual indemnification and insurance claims and defenses.
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Malpractice – GG&G defends professional liability actions, including claims against physicians, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers.
- Municipal Liability – We represent municipalities and their insurers when they face general negligence claims involving premises liability, motor vehicle and security actions.
- Employment Defense – Even where no proper grounds exist, a disgruntled worker who makes a claim can cause serious harm to a business. When employers are faced with a sexual harassment charge or a discrimination claim relating to age, race, gender, disability or some other personal characteristic, we provide swift, thorough advice and advocacy.
- Product Liability – Our firm defends product liability lawsuits relating to pharmaceuticals, machinery, household items and other items that plaintiffs allege to be defective.
- Appeals – In the event an appeal is appropriate, GG&G has significant appellate experience in both procedural and substantive areas. We can provide insightful counsel on the merits of an appeal, bringing to bear our knowledge of the First and Second Departments and the practicalities of sound cost/benefit analysis.
Since 2002, our firm
has delivered full-service trial and appellate defense counsel to
clients in the state and federal courts of New York and New Jersey,
seeking the most favorable and expeditious outcome for our clients.